Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kate Voegele and an amazing discovery: Ashlyne Huff.

This blog is coming in almost a month late.. but it was such a good experience I couldn't ignore the urge to post about it. June 10th I went to the Nokia Theatre in NYC to see Kate Voegele (who was opening up for Jordin Sparks).

The first opening act who came on was Ashlyne Huff. I heard she would be one of the openers so I did listen to one of her songs on the internet but that was all I knew about her. Well let me tell you.. she instantly made a fan out of me. Her songs were great, her voice was awesome, and she was so personable it was impossible not to like her. If you've never heard of Ashlyne please do yourself a favor and visit her website www.ashlynehuff.com. I promise you won't regret it.

Next up was Days Difference. I hadn't heard any of their stuff before. Their music was good, and the guys were without a doubt adorable. I wish I could say I enjoyed their set more but I was too busy focusing on keeping my balance while the crowd of girls around me attempted to trample me in order to get closer to the guys (not saying I don't understand.. during my teenage years to say I dabbled in the boy band scene would be an understatement). At least these guys play their own instruments.

Next was KATE, finally! She was everything I love seeing when I go to a concert. The music was great, her stage presence was great. She genuinely looked humbled and excited to be there.. and there's nothing that I love more in a musician than that. She sang a bunch of songs from her more recent album, "Don't Look Away". But my favorite moment was when she closed out with a cover of "Hallelujah". The song is covered by more artists than I can count, but Kate's version definitely made it to my favorite. She sang it so beautifully and it had the crowd softly singing along with her.. I live for moments like that.

After Kate's performance we got on line for her meet and greet (which is when Jordin was performing so I'm sorry I will have nothing to write about her set). You may know Kate from One Tree Hill playing Mia, which is how I first heard of her. I've been a hardcore addict of that show for years and have been down to North Carolina where they film a couple of times. I'm due for another trip this summer so when Jenny and I got up to meet her we asked if she'd be there when we got down there. We got in some small talk and got our autographs, it was nice not to be rushed like most autograph signings. Here's the pictures from the meet and greet:


Ever seen an opening act that totally made your concert experience better? Share it!

Peace&Love,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment